Sunday 12 July
Packwood National Trust House(map), just 3 miles from jct 4 of M42
Choice of 30 or 100 kms routes
With much regret the Knowle and Dorridge Lions have had to take the decision to cancel the 2020 Heart of England Bike Ride. The current Coronavirus crisis has left the prospects for all mass participation events due to take place in the Summer in doubt, and rather than cancel at the last moment we have made the decision to cancel now and end any uncertainty. This is sad for both the participants and even more so for the worthy charities whom we support. We thank you very much for your interest and look forward to seeing you in 2021
Anyone who would like to help organise the 2021 Bike Ride should contact Paul via firstname.lastname@example.org now
Join us for our 15th charity bike ride & help raise funds for Solihull’s Breast Cancer Haven & local causes.
Whether its the circular and fully sign-posted 30km leisure ride for families, or the 100 km velo through the Warwickshire countryside you are assured of a great day out.
- All ages may enter the 30 km ride and set off between 9:00 & 11:30
- Adult only entrants for the 100 km ride must set off between 8:00 & 8:45
- There is no mass start.
- All riders must return to Packwood House by 15:00, when they will be able to pick up their Certificate of Achievement, buy a burger from the Lions BBQ and enjoy a FREE visit to the House & Grounds
- Links to the maps of the routes will be sent to registered riders when online entries close on 5 July. .gps links will be published here near the day.
- This years partner charity is:
- We shall be retaining 50% of all the proceeds for Lions locally determined causes
- If you wish to use our event to raise funds for your favourite cause please register and let us know
Please download a poster & display it at your work or club, or email it to friends, relatives, anyone who may like to join you on our rides
See what last years ride was like, visit our photographers gallery.
Lion President Bob Thurtle with sponsor Simon McKenzie from Hollywood Monster, cycling Lion Trevor Jones and fundraiser from Breast Cancer Haven 2013
Be sure to like us and keep in touch via
How to prepare for your charity bike ride – have a read of this, it may remind you.
If you would like to help us make a great success of this year’s event please get in touch now
We are delighted to welcome back our main sponsor
We are also indebted to our loyal group of sponsors who help cover the costs of organising this bike ride:
If you know of a company who may like to support our event please get in touch now
We are also indebted to the Solihull Observer and local magazines too many to mention for their promotion of our events
We are looking for new companies to come on board for 2020 and help ensure all our costs are covered before anyone enters, such that every £ of entry fee and sponsorship raised will go to charity. Rather than passing on the costs of our new online registration provider we are looking for a corporate sponsor or more to cover the costs. Or perhaps you could sponsor the riders numbers, refreshments stops – with bananas, protein biscuits or similar. If you would like to help please get in touch now
Please note Knowle & Dorridge Lions are registered charity (no 509993) and our accounts are prepared, examined and lodged with the Charities Commission each year