If you ever wonder what Lions do outside Knowle & Dorridge please set a little time aside to discover the Lions International foundation and our mission website.
You will be amazed at a the span, strength & diversity of what our 1.4 million members in 47,000 clubs in over 200 territories achieve throughout the world. Please spend a little time to
- Discover our Story, about our clubs and our Foundation (LCIF)
- Explore our Impact
- Read about Our Approach and Our Global causes
- Give Your Support
Please ensure you return to our website to find our more about our programme of community support and fundraising here in Knowle and Dorridge Lions and how to contact us
Every year Knowle and Dorridge Lions, like many of the 47,000 Lions Clubs throughout the world, make a donation to the Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) from the funds we raise. The Foundation is then able to muster immediate responses to natural disasters such as earthquakes and hurricanes, and a whole lot more
What LCIF does:
We expand the reach of your service by awarding grants in four key areas:
- We give sight by combating eye diseases, creating infrastructure to improve eye care delivery, increasing the number of trained eye care professionals, and making vision care more equitable and sustainable.
- We support youth by helping children learn to work together, make positive decisions, and serve their communities, and by constructing schools, youth centres and vocational training centres.
- We provide disaster relief by helping devastated communities survive after disasters and by bringing hope through assistance in long-term efforts to rebuild homes and lives.
- We address humanitarian needs from global health issues such as measles, diabetes, hunger, and childhood cancer to empowering those with disabilities to lead more independent and fulfilling lives.
Read more on Lions activities in our bi-monthly Lion magazine and LCIF in particular starting on page 8
Every year Knowle and Dorridge Lions, like many of the 47,000 Lions Clubs throughout the world, make a donation to the Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) from the funds we raise. The Foundation is then able to muster immediate responses to natural disasters such as earthquakes and hurricanes.
Recently hurricane Matthew affected several areas, including the Caribbean and the United States. It was the deadliest hurricane in the Atlantic Ocean since 2005. Many main roads are impassible and many bridges have been washed away. Food and drinking water are in short supply and many of those who need aid the most are still waiting for it to arrive.
When disaster strikes, Lions are among the first to offer help to the victims, even though they are often victims themselves. LCIF is right there beside them, ready to support their efforts with funding assistance through Lions disaster relief programs. Working together, LCIF, local Lions and Lions leaders assess the urgent needs and quickly deliver the aid most required by victims.
LCIF awarded an initial Emergency grant to Haiti to address immediate needs of disaster victims. Lions and Leos from Port-au-Prince traveled to Petit-Goâve to work with clubs there. Together, they have packed and distributed over 2,000 relief kits of medicine and food to residents in need.
LCIF has also awarded an Emergency grant to the Lions in North Carolina, USA. Lions there are braving the conditions to bring much needed food, water, blankets and medical supplies to those affected most by the storm.
Lions around the world are united by a great spirit of giving and dedication to helping others. As the official charitable organization of Lions Clubs International, a leading humanitarian organization, Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) supports Lions’ compassionate works by providing grant funding for their local and global humanitarian efforts
Checkout the website for more information