This year sees 100 years since Lions Clubs International was born, 40 years since Knowle & Dorridge Lions really got started and it is our 25th annual Lions Festive Walk on
Wednesday 27 December 2017
we hope you will join us at Baddesley Clinton National Trust House B93 0DQ (5 miles from junction 5 M42) (Map)
Start any time after 8:30, finish by 16:00
You do not have to enter in advance. Please save time on the day print and complete a Registration Form for your group and bring it with you.
Entry as always is FREE but we would appreciate a donation for our 2 deserving new charities
The West Midlands Breast Cancer Haven
Headway Birmingham & Solihull
with half of all the funds generated retained for locally determined causes
Responding to feedback we have introduced a shorter Mini Walk for our younger visitors and a more challenging Long Walk:-
- Mini (1.4 miles) – starting from the front of Baddesley House; with the others all starting in the opposite direction past the church
- Short (3.9 miles)
- Medium (5.4 miles)
- Long (10.7 miles) – it is strongly recommended that our guests start this walk no later than 10:30
- don’t forget to bring your walking boots or wellies, it’s bound to be muddy after the recent snow & rain
- the choice of 4 routes should suit most levels of fitness, age and ability but are unsuitable for buggies or wheelchairs
- all sign-posted circular routes along country lanes, canal tow-paths and public footpaths, some with stiles, the long & medium routes passing a pub or two, and
- all returning to Baddesley Clinton House where there will be hot mince pies and mulled wine to enjoy with the Lions, you can collect your well-deserved certificate and then
- visit the House and Gardens FREE, and the restaurant will be happy to serve refreshments.
- Dogs of all shapes and sizes are welcome provided they keep their considerate owners on a lead.
Every £ donated will go to charity, as all costs have been more than covered by our generous sponsors.
Why not get your efforts sponsored for our nominated charities or designate your own special worthy cause – download a Sponsorship form or use MyDonate to make a donation or ask your friends to sponsor your walk.
You can help to make this event a success by displaying a poster at your work, club, local shop or perhaps send it to those you know may be interested. Please download a poster here.
If you have any queries or would like to help the Lions organising our fundraising events please get in touch today
Julie Wedgbury, Headway (l); Santa Lion Paul Wheatley; Elysa Cooper, Breast Cancer Haven (r); with Daniel Newman NT operations manager outside Baddesley House
As with all our events we try to cover the costs of running them through sponsorship from local businesses so as much money as possible will go to our charities. If your company would like to help us by supporting any of our fundraising events we would love to hear from you, so please get in touch now.
We are very grateful to following businesses and organisations for their generous support helping us to achieve this
A BIG THANK YOU!