Please note should the weather turn wet over Christmas we may not be able to use the overflow parking at Baddesley. In which case regretfully we may have to turn walkers cars away. Please re-visit this page for up-to-date information nearer the day.
Our 24th annual Lions Festive Walk will be on
Tuesday 27 December 2016
Start any time after 9:00, finish by 16:00 Baddesley Clinton National Trust House B930DQ (5 miles from junction 5 M42) (Map)
Please note that car parking will be extremely limited, so please fill up your car with friends and relatives and arrive early
You do not have to enter in advance. Please save time on the day print and complete a Registration Form for your group and bring it with you.
Entry as always is FREE but we would appreciate a donation for our 3 deserving new charities
- Prostate Cancer UK
- Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice &
- Motor Nuerone Disease Association
- with 30% retained for locally determined causes
As usual there will be a choice of 3 walks
- short (around 3 mile – post turkey plod)
- medium (around 6 mile – walk off the pud) &
- long (around 9 mile – festive challenge)
- NB this year walkers must decide whether they are doing the short route rather than the medium and long routes before they start as they head off in differing directions
- all sign-posted circular routes along country lanes, canal tow-paths and public footpaths, some with stiles, the long & medium routes passing a pub or two, and
- all returning to Baddesley Clinton House where there will be hot mince pies and mulled wine to enjoy with the Lions, you can collect your well-deserved certificate and then
- visit the House and Gardens FREE, and the restaurant will be happy to serve refreshments.
All 3 routes will suit most levels of fitness, age and ability but are unsuitable for buggies or wheelchairs. Dogs of all shapes and sizes are welcome provided they keep their considerate owners on a lead.
Every £ donated will go to charity, as all costs have been more than covered by our generous sponsors.
Why not get your efforts sponsored for our nominated charities or designate your own special worthy cause – download a Sponsorship form or use MyDonate to make a donation or ask your friends to sponsor your walk.
You can help to make this event a success by displaying a poster at your work, club, local shop or perhaps send it to those you know may be interested. Please download a poster here.
If you have any queries or would like to help the Lions organising our fundraising events please get in touch today
Knowle Primary Academy help our publicity
Once again this year pupils have designed posters which you will find posted in shop windows around Knowle this month
Here are pupils from Charly Harris’ Year 5 class.
As with all our events we try to cover the costs of running them through sponsorship from local businesses so as much money as possible will go to our charities. If your company would like to help us by supporting any of our fundraising events we would love to hear from you, so please get in touch now.
We are very grateful to following businesses and organisations for their generous support helping us to achieve this
A BIG THANK YOU!