Friday 27 December 2019
Baddesley Clinton National Trust House B93 0DQ (5 miles from junction 5 M42) (Map)
Walks commence at 8.30 and finish 16.00
WELCOME to our 27th annual Festive Walk. It’s a great opportunity to ‘walk off the Christmas pudding’, explore the Warwickshire countryside and enjoy the fresh air with the great atmosphere generated by walkers who join us every year as part of their traditional post Boxing Day exercise.
PLEASE note arrangements will be different from last year in that we are looking at alternative parking locations and specific start time bands. Please keep updated by visiting this web page before the day.
print and complete an entry form for your group and bring it with you.
On the day you may choose from 4 routes of upto 10 miles :
- As to be expected in December the routes will be wet and muddy in places. Water proof footwear is strongly recommended. Some of the stiles on the long route, although usable, are in a poor state of repair and caution is advised.
- the choice of routes should suit most levels of fitness, age and ability but are unsuitable for buggies or wheelchairs, sorry
- all sign-posted circular routes along country lanes, canal tow-paths and public footpaths, some with stiles, the long & medium routes passing close to a pub or two, and
- all returning to Baddesley Clinton House where there will be hot mince pies and mulled wine to enjoy with the Lions, you can collect your well-deserved certificate of achievement and then
- remove your muddy boots and visit the House and Gardens FREE, and the restaurant will be happy to serve refreshments.
- dogs of all shapes and sizes are welcome provided they keep their considerate owners on a lead. Seriously, there will be sheep in fields and not all dogs mix, so please keep your dog on a lead at all times.
Every £ donated will go to charity, when all our costs have been more than covered by our generous sponsors.
Why not get your efforts sponsored for our partner charities or designate your own special worthy cause – download a sponsorship form or use MyDonate to make a donation or ask your friends to sponsor your walk.
You can help to make this event a success by displaying a poster at your work, club, local shop or perhaps send it to those you know may be interested. Please download a flyer
If you have any queries or would like to help the Lions organising this fundraising event please get in touch today
Last year Lion Santa Paul Wheatley met up with partner charities: Maria Brown from Solihull Life Opportunities (SoLO) & Paula Evans from Sepsis Trust UK outside Baddesley Clinton House
As with all our events we try to cover the costs of running them through sponsorship from local businesses so as much money as possible will go to our charities. At this time we have one or two vacancies for sponsors. If your company would like to help us by supporting any of our fundraising events we would love to hear from you, so please get in touch now.
We are very grateful to following businesses and organisations for their generous support