Thursday 27 December 2018
Baddesley Clinton National Trust House B93 0DQ (5 miles from junction 5 M42) (Map)
Start any time after 8:30, finish by 16:00
It’s a great opportunity to ‘walk off the Christmas pudding’, explore the Warwickshire countryside and enjoy the fresh air with the great atmosphere generated by walkers who join us every year as part of their traditional post Boxing Day exercise.
You do not have to enter in advance. Please save time on the day print and complete an
for your group and bring it with you.
To avoid disappointment for those who could not make it last year we have decided, (with the exception of the long walk), to repeat last year’s planned walks – same distances, same routes, hopefully not the same weather!
On the day you choose from 4 routes :
- Mini (1.4 miles) – starting from the front of Baddesley House; with the others all starting in the opposite direction past the church
- Short (3.9 miles)
- Medium (5.3 miles)
- Long (8.6 miles) – it is strongly recommended that our guests start this walk no later than 10:30
- don’t forget to bring your walking boots or wellies – the walks include sections through fields on footpaths that may be muddy and wet. Please take particular care at gates, styles etc
- the choice of routes should suit most levels of fitness, age and ability but are unsuitable for buggies or wheelchairs, sorry
- all sign-posted circular routes along country lanes, canal tow-paths and public footpaths, some with stiles, the long & medium routes passing close to a pub or two, and
- all returning to Baddesley Clinton House where there will be hot mince pies and mulled wine to enjoy with the Lions, you can collect your well-deserved certificate of achievement and then
- visit the House and Gardens FREE, and the restaurant will be happy to serve refreshments.
- dogs of all shapes and sizes are welcome provided they keep their considerate owners on a lead. Seriously, there will be sheep in fields and not all dogs mix, so please keep your dog on a lead at all times.
Every £ donated will go to charity, when all our costs have been more than covered by our generous sponsors.
Why not get your efforts sponsored for our partner charities or designate your own special worthy cause – download a sponsorship form or use MyDonate to make a donation or ask your friends to sponsor your walk.
You can help to make this event a success by displaying a poster at your work, club, local shop or perhaps send it to those you know may be interested. Please download a flyer here.
If you have any queries or would like to help the Lions organising this fundraising event please get in touch today
Lion Santa Paul Wheatley meets up with this year’s partner charities: Maria Brown from Solihull Life Opportunities (SoLO) & Paula Evans from Sepsis Trust UK outside Baddesley Clinton House
As with all our events we try to cover the costs of running them through sponsorship from local businesses so as much money as possible will go to our charities. At this time we have one or two vacancies for sponsors. If your company would like to help us by supporting any of our fundraising events we would love to hear from you, so please get in touch now.
We are very grateful to following businesses and organisations for their generous support helping us to achieve this
A BIG THANK YOU!